Trademark Staff Attorney
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips
The Los Angeles office of Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP is seeking a highly qualified staff attorney with at least 4-7 years of relevant experience to join our high-profile and fast-paced Trademark and Copyright practice group. More senior candidates are also welcome to apply.
The Trademark and Copyright practice group represents clients in a wide range of industries, including entertainment, fashion, consumer product, and digital medial in all aspects of trademark and copyright practice including trademark/copyright counseling, trademark clearance/prosecution, copyright counseling/registration, branding/copyright counseling for online/digital media, IP transactions, trademark/copyright disputes, inter parties proceedings before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board, litigation in U.S. Federal District Courts and ICANN Domain Name Dispute proceedings.
- At least 4-7 years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of trademark counseling, clearance, prosecution and portfolio management including complex office actions
- Strong experience in handling trademark disputes (demand letters, TTAB proceedings, UDRP proceedings, online take-downs)
- Experience handling discovery, drafting pleadings, briefs and motions
- IP transactional experience a benefit
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Thrives working independently and in a team environment
- Strong and committed work ethic
- California Bar Membership in good standing